Home |Employment


JKCP is a great place to work. It’s more than a job, it’s an experience.

From a few weeks in the summer to full-time employment, you’ll be wowed by the dynamic atmosphere and rich mix of cultures. No matter which JKCP program you are working with, or which position you hold, you’ll find a friendly, diverse and eclectic group of students and staff from around the world.

We believe an exceptional staff is the key to our success. We are always looking to expand our team with energetic, responsible people who enjoy working with teens and their families.

Explore our employment opportunities and you’ll discover why so many people, nationally and internationally, want to be a part of our team.

Know someone who should work for JKCP? We offer great bonuses for employees you recommend to us.

Great People Make Great Companies

We have the best possible team in place. We hire for culture and skill level.

When we hire, we look for people who…

  • Have a nice, happy, positive, energetic and funny disposition
  • Are organized, but are also flexible and adaptable
  • Enjoy a balance of being an independent problem solver and a team player
  • Put customer’s needs first by listening, showing empathy and being willing and quick to respond
  • Aren’t afraid to make mistakes and take responsibility because they know how to learn from each mistake
  • Work hard – they are able to see the big picture and do what it takes to get to our goals
  • Have aspirations to grow personally and help the company grow

And…they smile!

Additional questions?

Contact [email protected]

JKCP Employee Culture


How do I get a visa if I am traveling from outside the U.S.?2018-10-29T21:33:23-04:00

A citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States to work as a camp counselor must first obtain a nonimmigrant (J) visa. Before you can apply for a J visa you must be accepted for the Exchange Visitor Program through a Department of State designated sponsor. JKCP will be your designated sponsor (unless you are coming to the U.S. via an agency such as CCUSA or BUNAC, in which case the agency is your designated sponsor). If hired, a member of our team will guide you through the process!

Who pays for my visa?2018-10-29T21:34:15-04:00

If JKCP is sponsoring your visa, you and JKCP will share in the costs. To start, JKCP will pay an application fee to sponsor your visa and get the process started. JKCP will mail your documentation to you (at our expense), and you’ll be responsible for a nominal fee in order to schedule an appointment at the US embassy in your home country (fee may include visa processing and document delivery).

During the summer, JKCP will deduct $300 from your paycheck, which includes fees incurred above and required minimum health-care coverage for you. Please be aware the $300 we receive from you is about half of what you would have paid if you had applied for a visa directly and less than the actual expenses we incur for sponsoring your visa.

If you are coming through an agency, please speak to your agency about visa fees.

Do I need a Social Security number?2018-10-29T21:36:12-04:00

A Social Security number is a form of identification issued by the U.S. government. Yes, you need one to be paid in the U.S. It will also allow you to open a bank account so you can deposit your checks, make cash withdrawals, wire-transfer to an account at home and use a debit/credit card for purchases. If you do not have a Social Security number, JKCP will take you to the Social Security Administration office during orientation week to apply for one.

There are certain documents you will be required to produce to apply for a Social Security number, several of which you will have only after you have received your visa. Please bring copies of the following forms with you to camp, because access to a copy machine at camp will be extremely limited:

  • The visa page in your passport
  • The photo page of your passport
  • DS-2019
  • Your I-94 document that should be attached to your passport
What will be expected of me?2018-10-29T21:36:51-04:00

Summer is “showtime,” so everyone is expected to pitch in and work hard together. This requires a significant degree of commitment and dedication to working long hours and being flexible and dynamic in approaching any task with creativity and vigor.


What’s the difference between day and residential staff?2018-10-29T21:37:24-04:00

JKCP prides itself in offering two sets of staff: the instructors who teach the students during the day and the residential staff who oversee the students outside of their classes. This allows us to provide the highest level of instruction and care at all times.

Where will I live if I am a residential staff member?2019-09-12T09:12:09-04:00

Unlike most summer camps, all of our residential programs are located on prestigious college campuses. We provide housing for all our residential staff in modern college dorm facilities. Each room has its own bed, closet space and desk.

What perks are included?2019-09-12T09:15:33-04:00

For most programs, we provide the following to residential staff in addition to your base salary:

  • A private room
  • Three meals per day
  • Stipends for meals when you’re required to work off campus during a mealtime
  • JKCP staff shirts to wear during working hours
  • Workman’s compensation
  • Admission to attractions during evening and weekend excursions

You’ll have regular time off each week (except the first and last week of camp) to spend how you like. You certainly won’t be able to fit in everything there is to see in our area. In fact, you’ll probably want some “down time” to recuperate on your days off. You might want to plan some time once camp is over to do some sightseeing with the new friends you’ve made!

What can I do on my day off if I am a residential staff member at Yale?2018-10-29T21:44:03-04:00

The options are unlimited! Your job will surely be tiring, so be sure to spend some time resting. However, if you’re hoping to get some exercise and stay local, you can take a walk around campus, visit museums on campus, or find a bite to eat at the countless eateries including New Haven’s world-renowned Frank Pepe Pizzeria. If you’re looking to venture off campus, several beaches surround New Haven and are a short Uber or Taxi ride away. Also, both New York City and Boston are about a two-hour drive or train ride away.

What can I do on my day off if I am a residential staff member at Penn or Villanova?2019-11-21T08:54:25-04:00

The options are unlimited. You can tour historic Philadelphia, a city rich with art, culture, entertainment and fun. Want to experience the largest retail malls in the U.S.? A 15-minute ride will take you to the King of Prussia Mall with over 400 stores, restaurants and boutiques, including eight major department stores. If you can find a driver, check out the New Jersey Shore, famous for its beaches and boardwalks. Check out www.visitphilly.com for more information about Philadelphia and its surrounding suburbs.

While most days off are weekdays, if you are off on the weekend, you can travel with the students on their weekend trips as long as there’s a seat for you.