Julian Krinsky Cooking School
The Julian Krinsky Cooking School has been cooking since 1992! For more than 25 years, we have inspired and encouraged thousands of students to become chefs, restaurant owners, cookbook authors, food publicists, phenomenal home cooks and more informed consumers.
This summer, join us on a globally inspired culinary journey. From Peach & Plum Crostata to Mixed Berry & Fig Galette to Bulgar and Farro, Harissa or Za’atar these international flavors await you in our culinary lab.
So, if the smell of food baking in the oven, the sizzle of sautéing over a flame and the clean fresh aroma of zesting a Cara Cara orange whets your appetite, please join us!
Our enthusiastic professional chefs will teach you essential techniques to:
- cook boldly with color and texture
- add a new twist to an old classic
- increase your depth and breadth of knowledge of food
- create presentations that everyone will be convinced came from a top restaurant!
Share your love of food with like-minded peers from over 140 countries, test your skills against fellow foodie enthusiasts and build up to the “Showdown Competition” where newly made friendships step aside as the flames heat up. No matter who takes top honors, you are all winners on this culinary adventure.
Your aprons are yours to keep as a reminder of your summer adventure with us!
New for 2020! By popular demand, additional weeks have been added to our one-week cooking program for students who want a more intensive culinary experience. You may join us for one, two or three weeks. If you are interested in our half-day course, please check out the Cooking Course our Enrichment program.
Day Tuition: $625
Residential Tuition: $2,150
Save 7% off tuition before Feb 29th.
- Multi-week registrations
- Bring a Friend
In Philadelphia, Michael Solomonov’s “Zahav” was named “Best Restaurant in America” at the James Beard 2019 Awards.
In my opinion, Philly’s Julian Krinsky Cooking School should be named the “Best Cooking School for Teens in America”!
I am so proud of any Philadelphia Institution that highlights our great city!
SCHEDULE OF A DAY
Just a Few of the Many Things You’ll Learn:
- Elevate your passion for cooking
- Ninja Knife Skills
- Techniques, tips, and trends
- Fresher, simpler, faster, bolder presentations
- To be confident, calm and poised in the kitchen
- Cooking methods, ingredient selections, and plating techniques
- Learn to create your own signature spice blend
- How to select, toast, bloom, grind and store spices
- Develop your personal cooking style
- Perfect pairings
- Back to the basics, then forward to transformative cooking
- How a mortar and pestle can up your textures
- To get outside your comfort zone
- To forge friendships with other foodies
- You will gain experience and better instincts
- Imagine what your culinary future looks like
A Sampling of 2020 Highlights:
- Heat, fat, salt, acid tasting comparisons
- Noodles from three continents
- Presentation competitions
- How to take the perfect instagram worthy picture
- Gadgets and gizmos
- Classic vs. trendy
- Weekly master chef competitions
- Mystery basket challenges
- Brunch and baking galore
- Global street foods
Come cook with us!
SCENES FROM LAST SUMMER
OUR CHEF INSTRUCTORS
Each of the summer Chef Instructors has been selected because of their professional accomplishments. They are made up of restaurant chefs, cookbook authors and culinary arts teachers.
LIFE AT VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY
From meeting your new roommate, walking to class on the beautiful campus, eating in the dining halls and taking classes in the historic buildings, you’ll get a taste of what life as a college student is really like. You’ll love the modern facilities, air-conditioned dorms, snack shops, WiFi and state-of-the-art athletic spaces.
About 40% of students come from around the world to join us each summer. Every year we hear how much students enjoy meeting people from all over the country and the world and how it opened their eyes to different parts of the globe.
Trips & Activities.
One of the best parts of JKCP is the activities. Every evening there is a planned event. Sometimes we stay on campus, and other nights we’ll travel to a local venue for an off-campus activity. Trips are offered every Saturday to regional destinations of your choice. And Sundays are for exploring the Philadelphia region.
2020 DATES & PRICES
WAYS TO REGISTER
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
Variety is the spice of life, making Enrichment a favorite for students who want to try a few different things! Create your perfect summer schedule by choosing one morning and one afternoon course from 20 subjects.
JULIAN KRINSKY SCHOOL OF GOLF
Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced level golfer, the JKCP summer golf camp provides world-class instruction and coaching for junior golfers and gives you the necessary skills to compete and win.
JULIAN KRINSKY BUSINESS SCHOOL
This immersive, two-week business program shows you and like-minded moguls how to skillfully build a business while simultaneously calculating risk. Pitch your ideas on our Shark Tank style challenge to some of Philadelphia’s business leaders.